Article by Jeramey Thompson
Gallstones are stones formed in the gall bladder, a pear shaped organ located beneath the liver on the right side. Gall bladder stores the bile, a waste product produced by liver. When the bile is high in salt or cholesterol, it may solidify in to small pebble-like structures or gallstones. Gallstone formation is often seen as an inflammatory condition of the gall bladder. The condition is differently termed as cholecystitis. Women suffer from gallstone problem more than men. Gallstones may be classified in to two main types: cholesterol stones and pigment stones. Cholesterol stones are composed of hardened cholesterol. It is the most widespread type. The stones are greenish-yellow in color. Pigment stones are dark in color and composed of solidified bilirubin. Gallstones can be as tiny as a sand grain or as big as a golf ball. Some of the causes of gallstones may be listed as follows:
1. Disorder in bile composition2. Fluctuations in the proportion of bile salts and cholesterol3. Inflammation or irritation of the gall bladder lining4. Narrow bile ducts5. Diet high in cholesterol or calcium6. Obesity7. Aging8. Ailments like diabetes9. Pregnancy10. Intake of birth control pills11. Hormone replacement therapy.
The symptoms of gallstones include:
1. Steady pain in the right side of abdomen. (The pain may radiate to the back as well)2. Nausea3. Vomiting4. Low grade fever5. Chills6. Clay colored stools7. Whiteness of eyes8. Yellowish skin color9. Discoloration of urine10. Dizziness 11. Constipation12. Fatigue
1. Eat pears or drink its juice several times during the day. This is an effective home remedy for gallstones
2. Drink 100 ml of beet root juice two times daily. This solves gallstone problem naturally.
3. Drinking 100 ml of carrot juice twice daily also helps a lot.
4. Lemon juice and grape juice also works miraculously in treating gallstone
5. Drink 30 ml olive oil on empty stomach. This is a good gallstone cure.
6. Take 1 teaspoon turmeric sweetened with honey daily. This removes the gallstones
7. Blend apple juice and lemon juice and drink the mixture. This dissolves and expels gallstones through urine.
8. Mix 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar in apple juice and drink. This allows gallstone pain to subside quickly.
9. Application of hot packs on abdomen or back also eases gallstone pain.
10. Consume artichoke leaf extracts. This prevents gallstone formation.
11. Consume alfalfa to get rid of gallstones.
12. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day. This helps to flush out toxins and excess cholesterol from body.
13. Consume a Vitamin C rich diet. It converts cholesterol in to bile and checks gallstone formation.